- Early Morning Choir (E.M.C.) provides an opportunity for students from all grade levels to come together to create a unique choral ensemble.
- E.M.C. meets Friday mornings at 7:30 A.M. in room 4005. There is no fee to join; the students should simply possess the desire to sing, have transportation to school, and have the proper performance attire (see below).
- EMC – First meet, greet, and sing-through is Friday, August 25 at 7:30 AM.
- Please drop-off students in the rear of the building at door #52 using the fire/service lane that goes around the building. Enter the driveway near the 6th-grade side of the building, drive around back to door 52 (the music room), and proceed to exit by the cafeteria and gym near the outside basketball courts. pdf map – HMS Choir Drop Off Map
- EMC information handout – EARLY MORING CHOIR info handout AUG17a
- Parent and Student Choir Contract/Agreement – Herget EMC Contract 2017a
- All choir members must purchase a blue Herget Choir polo shirt, have black pants, black shoes and black socks as part of their performance attire (same as in the past). ORDER FORM $15.00 – Herget Choir Shirt ORDER FORM 2017
- More Details
Students WILL NOT be able to participate in both the IMSA Fusion (Illinois Math and Science Academy) program and Early Morning Choir. Both meet Friday mornings. If you have questions see the IMSA Fusion teachers, they made this decision.
- The Herget Harmonix formally know as Honors Choir is made up of advanced singers that will sing mostly a-cappella music. It is open to all grades, but students must pass an audition to be a part of this group. Only students that participate in another school choir, such as EMC or 8th-grade choir class are eligible. This group is an auditioned/advanced choir that will start mid-September with auditions being held everyday/anytime before or after school until Friday, September 9th. This group meets at least 1-2 times a week and will be determined by the group. In the past, this group has met Wednesday Morning and Friday after school in room 4005, as an example. Please see Dr. Glogowski to set up an audition (or email).
- Audition Information
General Concert/Performance Dates:
Other dates listed are possible if the group has music prepared (notice of participation will be given minimally 2 weeks in advance)
- Fall Herget Choir Concert – Thursday, October 12 @7:00 PM Herget
- MS Choir Festival – Wednesday, November 8 (Only 8th Grade Choir)
- Holiday Herget Choir Concert – Tuesday, December 19 @7:00 PM Herget
- Winter Herget Choir Concert – Thursday, March 1 @7:00 PM Herget
- West Aurora Fine Arts Festival – Saturday, March 3 (Only 8th Grade Choir & Harmonix)
- Spring Herget Choir Concert – Monday, May 14 @7:00 PM
- Herget Broadway Show Trip in March – TBA
- More performances may be added such as grade school tour
VERY IMPORTANT! – All choir members must purchase a blue Herget Choir polo shirt, and have black pants, black shoes and black socks as part of their performance attire (same as in the past). Yoga pants, leggings, or any form fitting stretching pants are not acceptable and are prohibited.
ORDER FORM $15.00 –Herget Choir Shirt ORDER FORM 2017
The choir polo shirts will be ordered September 16th.