Early Morning Choir:
- Early Morning Choir (E.M.C.) provides an opportunity for students from all grade levels to come together to create a unique choral ensemble.
- E.M.C. meets Friday mornings at 7:30 A.M. in room 4005. There is no fee to join; the students should simply possess the desire to sing, have transportation to school, and have the proper performance attire (see below).
- EMC – First meet, greet, and sing-through is Friday, August 30 at 7:30 AM.
- Please drop-off students in the rear of the building at door #52 using the fire/service lane that goes around the building. Enter the driveway near the 6th-grade side of the building, drive around back to door 52 (the music room), and proceed to exit by the cafeteria and gym near the outside basketball courts. pdf map – HMS Choir Drop Off Map
- EMC information handout – EARLY MORING CHOIR info handout AUG19
- Parent and Student Choir Contract/Agreement –Herget EMC Contract 2019
- All choir members must purchase a blue Herget Choir polo shirt, have black pants, black shoes and black socks as part of their performance attire (same as in the past). ORDER FORM $15.00 – Herget Choir Shirt ORDER FORM 2019
- More Details
Students WILL NOT be able to participate in both the IMSA Fusion (Illinois Math and Science Academy) program and Early Morning Choir. Both meet Friday mornings. If you have questions see the IMSA Fusion teachers, they made this decision.
- Herget Harmonixis made up of advanced singers that will sing mostly a-cappella music. It is open to all grades, but students must pass an audition to be a part of this group. Only students that participate in another school choir, such as EMC or 8thgrade choir class are eligible. This group is an auditioned/advanced choir that will start late September with auditions being held everyday/anytime before or after school until Thursday, September 12.This group meets/rehearses at least 1 time a week and will be determined by the group. In the past this group has met Wednesday Morning or Fridays after school in room 4005, as an example. Please see Dr. Glogowski to set up an audition (or email).
- Audition Information
General Concert/Performance Dates:
- Herget Fall Choir Concert – Monday, October 7 at 7:00PM
- Herget Holiday Choir Concert – Tuesday, December 17 at 7:00PM
- Herget Winter Choir Concert – Monday, February 24 at 7:00PM
- Herget Spring/Final Choir Concert – Monday, May 11 at 7:00PM
- Herget Broadway Show Trip January-May – TBA
- More performances may be added such as grade school tour
VERY IMPORTANT! – All choir members must purchase a blue Herget Choir polo shirt, and have black pants, black shoes and black socks as part of their performance attire (same as in the past). Yoga pants, leggings, or any form fitting stretching pants are not acceptable and are prohibited.
ORDER FORM $15.00 –Herget Choir Shirt ORDER FORM 2019
The choir polo shirts will be ordered September 21st.