Herget Harmonix – Audition INFORMATION
The Herget Harmonix is an advanced choir that performs mostly a-cappella music. This group is open to all grade levels but students must pass an audition to be a part of this group. Only students that participate in another school choir such as EMC or the 8th grade choir class are eligible. The group will start mid September with auditions being held any day/any time before or after school and before Thursday, September 12th. See (or email) Dr. Glogowski to set up an audition. This group will start to rehearse ASAP, and rehearsal dates and times will be set by those that make it.
In the past this group has met on Tuesday or Thursday morning at 7:30 AM or after school on Fridays. Those students that make this group will determine all rehearsals including some afterschool sectional rehearsals are possible. The group will determine all rehearsals and overall schedule.
- This choir is open to ALL choir students.
- Students must successfully pass an audition (see below).
- This group is treated like a high school group, as students will work on advanced musical ideas, but must put in extra practice on their own.
- Students must be present at all rehearsals and performances.
This group will start mid September – Auditions are being held any day/any time before or after school, before September 12.
See (or email email@example.com) Dr. Glogowski to set up an audition day and time.
The audition will consist of: Singing the prepared song, Alleluia Madrigal testing music theory knowledge, aural music singing skills, music reading skills, and rate overall vocal tone quality.
- Prepare the song Alleluia Madrigal whichever part you think, you do best, or think the group may need. (Soprano, Alto, Low part/Guys). You will sing the song by yourself then again while Dr. G sings another part to check independence. (I may ask you to sing all the parts even the lower guys part)
- Be ready to go though a verbal music reading skills and theory check.
- Fill out attached questionnaire
If interested, please set-up an audition time before or after school (about 10 minutes), with Dr. G. NOW until Thursday, September 12.
Please ask if you have questions. Good Luck!
Help Tracks Below: