2018/19 Herget Harmonix Audition Information:
What is Harmonix?
The Herget Harmonixis an advanced choir that performs mostly a-cappella music. This group is open to all grade levels but students must pass an audition to be a part of this group. Only students that participate in another school choir such as EMC or the 8thgrade choir class are eligible. The group will start mid September with auditions being held any day/any time before or after school and before Monday, September 10th. See (or email) Dr. Glogowski to set up an audition.This group will start to rehearse ASAP, and rehearsal dates and times will be set by those that make it.
In the past this group has met on Wednesday mornings at 7:30 AM or after school on Fridays. Those students that make this group will determine all rehearsals including some afterschool sectional rehearsals are possible. The group will determine all rehearsals and overall schedule.
- This choir is open to ALL choir students.
- Students must successfully pass an audition (see below).
- This group is treated like a high school group, as students will work on advanced musical ideas, but must put in extra practice on their own.
- Students must be present at all rehearsals and performances.
This group will start mid September– Auditions are being held any day/any time before or after school, before September 10th. See (or email email@example.com) Dr. Glogowski to set up an audition day and time.
The 2018 audition will consist of: Singing the prepared song, “That Lonesome Road,” testing music theory knowledge, aural music singing skills, music reading skills, and rate overall vocal tone quality.
- Prepare the attached song “That Lonesome Road”,whichever part you think, you do best, or think the group may need. (Soprano, Alto, Low part/Guys). You will sing the song by yourself then again while Dr. G singing another part to check independence. (I may ask you to sing all the parts even the lower guys part)
- Download Sheet Music Here: That Lonesome Road w:opt uper 3rd Sheet Music
- Help tracks below.
- Be ready to go though a verbal music reading skills and theory check.
- Fill out questionnaire Harmonix Audition Questions 18
If interested, please set-up an audition time before or after school (about 10 minutes), with Dr. G. NOW until Monday, September 10th.
Please ask if you have questions. Good Luck!