The Honors Choir (auditioned/advanced choir) will start mid-September with auditions being held everyday/anytime before or after school before Friday, September 9th. See (or email) Dr. Glogowski to set up an audition. It will be made up of advanced singers that will sing difficult a cappella music. It is open to all grades but students must pass an audition to be a part of this group. Only students that participate in another school choir such as EMC or 8th-grade Choir class are eligible.
This group will start to rehearse ASAP. In the past this group has met every Tuesday or Thursday morning at 7:30 AM or after school Fridays for an example. Those students that make this group will determine all rehearsals including some after school sectional rehearsals. The group will determine all rehearsals and overall schedule.
Requirements: ZZZZZZ information
- This choir is open to ALL choir students.
- Students must successfully pass an audition (see below).
- This group is treated as a high school group, as students will strive for excellence in singing and performance, working on advanced musical ideas.
- Must be present at all rehearsals and performances.
When: This group will start mid-September: Auditions are being held everyday/anytime before or after school, before September 9th. See (or email) Dr. Glogowski to set up an audition. The audition will consist of testing music theory knowledge, aural music singing skills, music reading skills, and rate overall vocal tone quality while singing the prepared song.
Audition Will Consist Of:
- Prepare the audition song “Come Again! Sweet Love Doth Now Invite”
- Sheet Music here: Come Again Sweet Love Doth Now Invite HC 17:18 Audition Sheet Music
- Help tracks below. Prepare whichever part you think, you can do best, or think the group may need most. (Soprano, Alto, Low part/Guys). You will sing the song by yourself then again while Dr. G sings another part to check independence.
(I may ask you to sing all the parts even the lower guys part)
- Voice timbre and range check – sing scales and patterns.
- Ready to go through a verbal music reading skills and theory check (cannot prepare).
- Fill out attached questionnaire (please fill out and bring to audition) ZZZZZZ2017 q