Early Morning Choir (E.M.C.) provides an opportunity for students from all grade levels to come together to create a unique choral ensemble. The Herget Harmonix formally known as Honors Choir is a special (auditioned) advanced choir.
E.M.C. meets Friday mornings at 7:30 A.M. in room 4005. There is no fee to join; the students should simply possess the desire to sing, have transportation to school, and have the proper performance attire (see below).
- EMC information handout – EARLY MORING CHOIR info handout AUG17a
- Parent and Student Choir Contract/Agreement –Herget EMC Contract 2017a
EMC – First meet, greet, and sing-through is Friday, August 25 at 7:30 AM.
Please drop-off students in the rear of the building at door #52 using the fire/service lane that goes around the building. Enter the driveway near the 6th-grade side of the building, drive around back to door 52 (the music room), and proceed to exit by the cafeteria and gym near the outside basketball courts. pdf Drop-off Map – HMS Choir Drop Off Map
General Concert/Performance Dates:
- Fall Herget Choir Concert – Thursday, October 12 @7:00 PM Herget
- MS Choir Festival – Wednesday, November 8 (Only 8th Grade Choir)
- Holiday Herget Choir Concert – Tuesday, December 19 @7:00 PM Herget
- Winter Herget Choir Concert – Thursday, March 1 @7:00 PM Herget
- West Aurora Fine Arts Festival – Saturday, March 3 (Only 8th Grade Choir & Harmonix)
- Spring Herget Choir Concert – Monday, May 14 @7:00 PM
- Herget Broadway Show Trip in March – TBA
- More performances may be added such as grade school tour
All choir members must purchase a blue Herget Choir polo shirt, and have black pants, black shoes and black socks as part of their performance attire (same as in the past). Yoga pants, leggings, or any form fitting stretching pants are not acceptable and are prohibited.
ORDER FORM $15.00 – Herget Choir Shirt ORDER FORM 2017
The choir polo shirts will be ordered September 18th.
Students WILL NOT be able to participate in both the IMSA Fusion (Illinois Math and Science Academy) program and Early Morning Choir. Both meet Friday mornings. If you have questions see the IMSA Fusion teachers, they made this decision.